Book Title: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Getting In. . . to College: 101 True Stories from Kids Who Have Lived Through It
Publisher: Chicken Soup for the Soul
Author: Jack Canfield
- Chicken Soup for the College Soul: Inspiring and Humorous Stories About College (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul: Stories of Life, Love and Learning (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk High School: 101 Stories of Life, Love, and Learning for Older Teens
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Middle School: 101 Stories of Life, Love, and Learning for Younger Teens
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Campus Chronicles: 101 Inspirational, Supportive, and Humorous Stories about Life in College
- Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul: Stories of Changes, Choices and Growing Up for Kids Ages 9-13 (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Tough Times: Stories about the Hardest Parts of Being a Teenager
- Chicken Soup for the Teacher's Soul: Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Educators (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teens Talk Relationships: Stories about Family, Friends, and Love
- Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
1. This long-awaited book has been requested by many Chicken Soup readers - teens and their mothers.
2. There are over 3 million graduating high school seniors each year and more than half of them apply to college.
3. The line is being updated with new covers, new interior layouts, excellent editing, and up-to-date stories. The line is also returning to the core values of its heyday, delivering 101 stories in every book.
4. Chicken Soup for the Soul earned the Guinness World Record for having the most books on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
5. Last year, USA Today
named Chicken Soup for the Soul #5 on its list of 25 books that left a legacy over the past quarter century.
These days, colleges are deluged with applications and the college application process has become the most traumatic thing that most students and their parents have ever experienced. Lots of books tell you how to get into college, but this book uniquely provides emotional,
instead of tactical
The stories in the book are written by kids who have been there and want to pass on their words of support to the kids behind them. Stories cover topics such as parental and peer pressure, the stress of grades and SATs/ACTs, college applications and interviews, recruiting, disappointments and success. These stories provide moral support and encouragement to high school students going through one of the most stressful events of their lives. Parents will find Getting In...to College
a great source of support and inspiration as well.
The first Chicken Soup for the Soul book was published in 1993, and became a publishing industry sensation, ultimately selling eight million copies. Since then, more than 150 Chicken Soup titles have been published, selling more than 100 million copies.
Chicken Soup for the Soul has won dozens of awards over the past 15 years, and its founders, Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen have become celebrity motivational speakers and authors.